Sunday, November 6, 2016

A Letter to Satan

Hey party people!!!! Now that Halloween is over it is time to get the Christmas season rolling!!! Time to get SUPER EXCITED for a fat man with a beard to break into all of our homes, but instead of stealing all of our valuable items he's gonna leave us with some new shiny new toys we all so desperately do not need! 

Anyway, Christmas is right around the corner and it always gets me thinking about my childhood. As a little kid, I always looked forward to Christmas! On Christmas Eve, I would go on this website that let you "track" Santa’s location!  I was absolutely one of the kids that believed, the red flashing light I saw out my window, on the plane that was flying over my house, was actually Rudolph pulling Santa’s Sleigh! I couldn’t wait for Christmas morning! It was always so exciting to come out and see all the gifts under our beautiful tree! I could barely contain myself as I ripped open the packages to see if Santa did in fact bring me just what I asked for! But has anyone ever thought of the trouble a dyslexic puts Santa, and their parents, through for that matter when writing a Christmas list?

SIDE NOTE: Yes, all kids SUCK at spelling when they are younger but imagine the struggle of a child learning to spell and being dyslexic...AWFUL I know. 

As much as I hated reading and writing, the Christmas List to Santa was an exception. I loved writing my list of things and then putting it in an envelope and sending it to the North Pole-with very high hopes that I would get it all!!!   Now, when writing a Christmas list everyone knows you always have to start the letter with "Dear Santa.” And every kid who sends a letter is sure they are on the good list and not the naughty one. But what list are you on and more importantly what kinds of gifts do you think a dyslexic would get when writing their list to "Dear Satan"??? We are already off to a bad start and he hasn’t even read my letter or looked in his big book to see what list I am on!  Oh, but the troubles do NOT stop there! TRUST ME!

SIDE NOTE: Where do all the letters written to “Satan” instead of “Santa” Go?

Every year for as long as I could remember I always asked for a dog for Christmas, but never received one. You can only imagine how upset I was every Christmas morning when all the presents were open and no dog was found, but now that I'm thinking about it, it was probably because my dyslexic self kept asking "Satan " for a "God" instead of a dog. Classic mix-up I know! Pretty ironic don’t you think!

SIDE NOTE:  One Christmas when I was 11, I opened a box that contained a dog collar. I tried to be excited for what I thought was a choker or bracelet for me! (My parents and sister got a big laugh out of that one!) But, this was the year I finally got a dog. I guess it was also the year I learned to spell dog correctly and Santa for that matter!

Back to a dyslexics Christmas list, signing the list you send to Santa was a big deal and a VERY important part to the list because you ALWAYS want Santa to know who asked for the presents. But as a dyslexic and a little kid learning how to spell, you can probably guess what I'm about to say, but YEP my name was NEVER spelled right...so maybe that is why I never got the dog or the house for my Polly Pockets, I always signed my Christmas list "Love Lay." 

 So when your siblings are getting everything they put on their Christmas List!  And instead of those really cool glow-in-the-dark “star” stickers that stick onto the ceiling, you're receiving glow-in-the dark “rats” stickers don’t let it get you down! Be more like Rudolph and let your light shine on Christmas and all year round! Cause Rudolph was special too!


 And that’s Aly’s eye view!

No comments:

Post a Comment